The story of Olio Cento started more than one hundred years ago, when the fundation stone of the farm was laid.
In 1899 Mr Del Gaudio, the first owner of the farm from San Marco in Lamis (a small town in Gargano National Pak, on which there is the farm itself), started to build the manor, in the middle of 120 hectares of land, all to graze the flocks.
In 1924, Angelo Centola, our great grandfather, got the manor to focus on his passion, cultivate the land and staying close to his entire family.
The first cultivation planted was a field of almond trees, still steady in the manor. A plantation of an olive grove followed in 1948 and was completed in1956 with the help of all the family.
It’s now made of about 1200 trees spread on 28 hectares.
Grandpa Angelo was able to convey his love for land to Donatantonio, who chose the red color of the house, and who forwarded this love to our father, Michele, that proud of the work of his father and his grandfather, forwarded it to us.
Since 1956 our family cultivates with passion this olive grove, waiting with patience in the silence of the fields, the harvest period without changing in any way the course of time.
The farm covers about 100 hectares, hilly and flat.
On the flat part, in addition to the large olive grove, we cultivate wheat, oats, citrus fruits, tomatoes and other vegetables.
The hilly part is a natural background of the olive grove, of the great expance of wheat and of the red manor, nearby there are the remittances and stables, which once housed horses, cattle and sheep.
There’s a hen-house too, and a small vegetable garden for the needs of our family.